School Uniform Regulations
Pupils are expected to be clean, neat and tidy and to take a pride in their appearance. Individual fashion statements, such as extreme hairstyles, e.g. Mohican haircuts or colours, i.e. red, blue, etc. are not permitted. Tramlines or other shaved shapes in the hair and ‘bar codes’ in eyebrows are also not permitted. Decorative attachments should not be worn in hair.
All items must be clearly marked with the pupil’s name.
Do not wear
- Jewellery (watches permitted)
- Make-up (Year 10/11s may wear discreet make-up but, fake tan is not acceptable in any year group)
- Nail varnish
- Coats and other outdoor clothing (inside school building)
- Sweatshirts with or without hoods
- False eyelashes or false nails / nail extensions
- Bandanas, hoods, caps or hats
Students will be asked to remove all of the above as part of our uniform policy.
In order to develop a sense of loyalty to the community of which they are members, pupils are expected to wear full school uniform to and from school.
The school uniform and PE kit are supplied by Oz Schoolwear. If students are not in full uniform, they will work in Isolation until the correct uniform is being worn
Year 11 2023/24 - will remain with the previous tie and blazer badge.
- Navy blue (Charles Darwin style) school skirt*. One set style only. No other style/colour will be accepted.
- Optional: Dark grey (Charles Darwin style) fitted trousers*
- Navy blue school blazer
- Year coloured school badge for blazer*
- Plain white open-necked blouse (revere/open style collar, not shirt collar unless worn with school tie)
- Optional: School tie (with shirt collar)
- Optional: Navy blue V-neck school jumper with red school logo*
- Plain white short socks or plain black tights (no patterns). No leggings and no socks over tights
- Standard low-heeled black shoes leather or leather-look (NOT boots, trainers or trainer-style shoes or canvas shoes). The same shoes should not be worn to school and used for P.E.
- Plain black or navy blue outside coat preferred.
* Indicates available from Oz Schoolwear, contact details below.
Ties, blazer badges and P.E socks can also be purchased from the main reception.
If you are in any doubt about details of the Uniform Policy, please contact the school rather than rely on assurances from students which may be incorrect.
School Uniform Suppliers
Oz SchoolWear is the school uniform supplier for Charles Darwin School. This appointment followed investigation into various providers of uniform online and locally, and feedback from parents.
Oz SchoolWear is really pleased to be able to offer the following for our parents and carers;
- A company that prides itself on customer service.
- A local shop based in Petts Wood which is open 9.30am – 5pm Monday to Saturday all year round.
- The option of purchasing uniform online or by phone and having it posted home, at a cost of £4.25.
- The option of purchasing uniform online or by phone and having it delivered to school on a Thursday lunchtime is FREE of charge. Pupils or parents can then collect after school.
There are no changes to the uniform for boys or girls. All prices are currently comparable or cheaper than previously, with a wide range of sizes offered.
If you are unable to visit the shop in person please look at the website at www.ozschoolwear.co.uk
Telephone: 01689 824767
We endeavour to have sufficient stock all year round and especially for the back to school period. However occasionally there are times when we run out of certain sizes, this is why we say please do not leave it until last minute for us to kit your child out. August as you can imagine is a very busy month for all in the trade, the wait times during this month can sometimes be up to 45 minutes so if you could come earlier not only will you be guaranteed getting your sizes but you will also avoid a stressful queue.
There is potential for your child to grow during the summer holiday, so what happens if you buy the uniform early I hear you say. Our advice is simple, buy early, keep your receipt and tags on the items bought, try it on again roughly a week or two before the new term starts, if you feel they have grown out of any of the sizes you have purchased you are then more than welcome to come back and swap it for a bigger size.
Furthermore, if you are new to the school and the uniform we advise not to order online, there is great potential for returns due to the wrong sizes being ordered. Please come and see us first to familiarise yourself with how the sizing works.
We hope this advice has helped.
All the best
Team OZ SchoolWear'