Prospectus & OFSTED
Charles Darwin School Prospectus
Click here to read the prospectus
OFSTED REPORT 2018
OFSTED Report January 2018 - click here to read the short inspection report
OFSTED REPORT 2013
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils: This is a good school.
- Exam results are good in an increasingly wide range of subjects; students make good progress.
- Teaching is typically good and sometimes outstanding. Teachers have high levels of commitment and strong subject knowledge which underpin effective learning.
- Teachers and students have high levels of mutual respect. This has resulted in a positive learning atmosphere across the school.
- Behaviour is good in lessons and during social time. Students are well cared for and feel safe.
- The governors, headteacher, senior leaders and other leaders and managers are ambitious and driven in their pursuit of excellence. Their efforts are evident in terms of good-quality teaching, resulting in good achievement.
- Attendance has improved continuously since the academy opened. The need to use Fixed-term exclusions has reduced and the exclusion rates are low compared with schools nationally.
- The sixth form is good. Good teaching results in extremely well-motivated students and good achievement. Students are very well prepared for higher education, training or employment.
Click below to read the full report (pdf download)