Charles Darwin School is committed to:
- encouraging all students to consider their career options from Year 7 through school and beyond, through well-structured tutor programmes
- ensuring that all students are knowledgeable about, and effective at, using the resources available to them in the careers library, on the school website and on-line, as well as providing up to date information about courses and events that are taking place locally and nationally
- encouraging all students to develop decision making skills
- providing experience of the world of work through activities such as Mock Interviews, enrichment days and cross-curricular Work Relating Learning opportunities
- developing a careers programme which meets the needs of undecided students
- equipping all students for independent learning and lifelong learning
- providing students with impartial and independent careers advice and guidance firstname.lastname@example.org
- taking part in events such as Skills London to provide our students with the information they need to build a personal career plan
- preparing students for university and the world of work by providing interview practice and support with writing personal statements and CVs.
All students from Year 8 onwards at least one dedicated one to one session with an external careers advisor.
For further careers information please contact Jon Simpson at: email@example.com or 01959 574 043 ext: 241